What appears when you Google your name?
I didn't realize it but I am a retired professional tennis player, an inspirational romance author, and a comic illustrator. Wow! What a glamorous life I have lead. Of course, none of that is really true. I am nothing other than an educator for the past 20 years.
When looking over the articles pertaining to Digital Citizenship, I have become more aware of the importance to educate our students on the impact technology can have on their lives. The article written by Mike Ribble explains how important teaching students about appropriate behavior on the internet can be. He simple states that we need to... Respect, Educate, and Protect. There are nine important elements to digital citizenship. It is extremely important that as educators we teach our students how to be responsible learners.
The footprint they leave on the internet is not simply washed away by the ocean's current. It remains.
No comments:
Post a Comment